Happy New Year (belated)!

We are quite deep into the New Year and I know I have been horribly late in wishing you all.  But better late than never, so a very Happy New Year guys!

The New Year started off wonderfully for us with a road trip in the exotic Tamil Nadu. This is the trail we followed in our trusty little Polo. 

It was an architectural trip in which we saw many of the important temples and monuments from the rich culture of Tamil Nadu. Here is one of the temples that we visited, the majestic Brihadeshwara temple at Tanjore. It was almost a spiritual experience to be in the presence of a structure of such immense beauty.

After we came back from the road trip, the New Year continued to be nice probably because I didn't make any resolutions. I did start a few new things this year though. In keeping with the main theme of this blog, I joined a book library. Last year I realized that I did not have enough books to read, so I ended up re-reading many of the old ones. This in itself was not too bad, but it meant I explored less of new authors and new books. I could have bought new books and read them, but the funny thing is I did buy a lot of new books, but when I got them home, I felt like I wanted to read some other books that I didn't have. So to break this Catch-22 I joined the library. I have borrowed and read some books from the library and it has been quite a bit of fun to stand in front of rows of books, gazing at them lovingly :)

Another thing about this year is it will see me writing more. I have this collection of half written, nearing completion short stories and several blog posts. I have decided to become more regular with my writing. So more dedicated time for writing this year! 

The other thing that I and Debu have decided to do this is year is to cook more and eat at home more. We have been fairly successful with this goal till date. It has been fun figuring out different recipes, trying them and being happy with ourselves for doing it. 

So no resolutions but some new things for this new year. Let’s see how things go, but here’s to hope and optimism! A very Happy New Year to you all and may you have the most satisfying and a truly happy year ahead!

1 comment:

chaitraworldreadingseries said...

I would love to read some of your short stories. Are they posted in the same blog?