I met Wilbur Smith today!

I am just back from attending a talk by Wilbur Smith and I now possess a signed copy of his latest novel ‘Those in peril’. How exciting is that! 
Landmark, the fantastic book store chain, had arranged Wilbur Smith’s reading and signing event today at their Pune store. It was a full house with many of his fans eager to hear him speak and get their copies signed. Mr. Smith shared some very interesting anecdotes about how he began his writing career and also talked about his methods of writing. He has a great sense of humor and his speech was full of fun stories.
I am really looking forward to read ‘Those in peril’ and will be posting a review soon!

Wilbur Smith is going to be in Bengaluru tomorrow. Here are the details of his tour.

4 comments:

Vishy said...

Hope you enjoy Wilbur Smith's latest book, Nivedita! I will look forward to hearing your thoughts on it. Happy Reading!

Nivedita Barve said...

Thanks Vishy :)

Rob said...

That's great that you got to meet him! I would love to meet him, but I don't think he'll ever come to where I live.

I'm curious if you could relate some of the things he said about his method of writing?

Nivedita Barve said...

Hi Rob,
He had some very interesting things to share about 'Writer's Block'. He said he never faced one :) He said that he is always so full of ideas that when he begins writing, he already has a lot of things that he can put on paper.
He said that he takes around a year to prepare for a novel and then he gets down to writing it.
Another thing he mentioned was that he likes to write about a place he really knows well. So his novels are generally based out of the African continent.
I do hope that he visits your city, you will love to hear him talk :)
Merry Christmas to you!