Man Booker Prize 2011 shortlist is out!

The penultimate step of this year’s Man Booker award cycle was completed today, when the shortlist of six books contending for the prize was announced. I am especially glad that Julian Barnes’ ‘The Sense of an Ending’ has made it into the final six. I had really liked this novel and was hoping it would make it to the shortlist. I am also thrilled that Carol Birch's 'Jamrach’s Menagerie' is also on the list. I started reading this novel a couple of days back and have enjoyed what I have read so far. Hope to post a review soon!

1. The Sense of an Ending - Julian Barnes [My review]
2. Jamrach's Menagerie - Carol Birch [My review]
3. The Sisters Brothers - Patrick deWitt
4. Half Blood Blues - Esi Edugyan
5. Pigeon English - Stephen Kelman
6. Snowdrops - A.D. Miller


Details of the news can be read at Man Booker’s site here.

4 comments:

Mrs. B. said...

I guessed 3 out of 5. I also recommend you read Snowdrops. I enjoyed it though it seems not many did.

Nivedita Barve said...

Getting 3 right is great! I had heard mixed things about Snowdrops too, but with your recommendation I think I will give it a shot. Thanks :)

Andrew Blackman said...

I just read Sense of an Ending and really enjoyed it - plan to post a review shortly. Thanks for your initial review, which prompted me to buy the book! Glad to hear you're enjoying Jamrach's Menagerie - maybe I'll read that one next! I also like the sound of Half Blood Blues.

Nivedita Barve said...

Hi Andrew,
Glad you liked the book! I just finished Jamrach's Menagerie and I must say that it's a different kind of narration, deviant from my initial expectation. I'll be posting a review soon. Would love to read your review on Sense of an Ending