So here goes!

Sometimes after many years have passed since a book was read and an impression was made, we realize that we no longer share the same ideas with our older self. I had first read Michael Ondaatje’s The English Patient eight years back and it was the burnt patient’s tragic and tempestuous love story which had made an impact on me. But now when I re-read the novel, the more silent love between the nurse and the Indian soldier created a resonance. This made me think of other novels, other stories, other words that I had read before, and I wondered which of them may have changed colors with time. This activity turned out to be tedious. In fact it was difficult even to recall all the wonderful books that I had enjoyed reading and that had influenced me. In this blog I hope to capture the impressions that the books that I am now reading are creating. I think it will also be a lot of fun to write about books that I love and to bandy ideas with people who are also passionate about reading.
So here goes!

No comments: